The University of Chicago is seeking applicants for a part-time assistant coach with the track and field team. The purpose of this position is to assist the head coach and full-time staff in managing all aspects in the development of our male and female sprinters and hurdlers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Providing leadership in the personal development of student-athletes by projecting a positive and professional image
– Aiding in the planning and implementation of practice and competition schedules
– Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, UAA, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreation
– Administration of home track and field/cross country events
– Aiding in the transportation of the team to off-site competition locations by driving a 15-passenger van.
- Bachelors Degree
- Previous successful coaching or competitive experience in the sprints, hurdles, or jumping events.