Earlier this month I wrote a short blog about the ITCCCA Throws sharing session that I hope to have at the ITCCCA Clinic this January 9th at OPRFHS. It talked about how a few years ago I invited about a dozen throws coaches to my home for a sharing of ideas session. This was such a great opportunity for all of us at this session. All in attendance talked about how they came away with so much good stuff from the sharing of our collective ideas. Coaches brought videos, drills, concepts, training plans and lots of questions. It is my hope to try and recreate this sharing session but on a much larger scale.
The way I have this planned out the sessions will be in the North Cafeteria as usual. We will have two sharing sessions happening in either end of the cafeteria during each ITCCCA clinic session.
*The first sharing session will be Glide and Rotational Shot Put. Facilitating the glide sessions will be Gale Gross (Geneva High School) and Keith Peak (Hoffman Estates High School). Facilitating the rotational sessions will be Ken Kemeny (Saint Charles North High School) and Kip Gasper (Deerfield High School). These coaches are there to facilitate the discussion and sharing of ideas not so much to present.
*The second sharing session will be Discus and Weights/ Training Methods. Facilitating the discus sessions will be Roger Einbecker (Waubonsee Valley High School) and Dave Ricca (Neuqua Valley High School). Facilitating the Weights/Training Methods sessions will be Dan McQuaid (Wheaton North High School) and Tom Kraus (West Aurora High School). Again, these coaches are there to facilitate the discussion and sharing of ideas not so much to present.
I believe that this session has great potential but it is only going to be as good as the coaches who submit their material! I believe we all want the same thing, “For throwers in Illinois to be some of the best in the country.” One way to make this possible is to bring our ideas together and let coaches use what they feel will work best with their kids. As of 12/15/15 we only have eight coaches who have submitted material, WE NEED MORE!
I am sure that you have an idea, a drill, a concept, something that you would like to share or check and see if you are on the right track. No coach should be intimidated; this is designed to be a sharing of ideas, not a judging of ideas. Please submit your materials today.
- Go to “Google Drive,” if you don’t have a google account you may have to set one up. It is free & easy. Go to this site: https://accounts.google.com/signup
- Once you are in the Google Drive on the left side it says new. Click there to create a new folder.
- The folder you create must be labeled ITCCCA (School) (last name) use this as an example ITCCCA FHS Aikens
- Right click on the folder and click on the share icon. Click on “Get shareable link.” In the box it says “Anyone with a link:” You want to choose “Can View.” In the box below the shareable link it says “People” place my email address email@example.com in the space where it says “enter names & email addresses.” If you feel comfortable leave it as “can edit.” that way I can alleviate any problems that may arise. If you are not comfortable with can edit then please change it to “can view.”
- After I receive your folder I will place it into a larger folder to be shared with all the throws coaches in attendance the day of the clinic.
Register for the ITCCCA Clinic Today!