The IHSA Track & Field Advisory Committee met last week and passed the most sweeping changes we have seen in years.
1.Nearly every qualifying mark for the State Meet has been changed for both Class A and Class AAA. Class AA is still under review.
2. Semi Final races are eliminated at Sectional Meets.
3. All 3200 meter runs run be run sequentially at both the Sectional and State Meets.
4. Sectionals may be on Wednesday.
5. At the Sectional meets, all events will be scored to eight(8) places and medals will be awarded to the first eight (8) place winners in each individual and relay event. This would include the wheelchair division.
6. Preliminary marks in the horizontal jumps and throws will not carry over to the finals at the state meet. All field events at the state meet will start over in the finals except for seeding purposes. Three trials will be contested in prelims and three additional trials in the finals each.
7. Use the International starting line (waterfall starting line) during the IHSA state series for the 1600 and 3200 meter run.
To read the full minutes of the meeting, click: